MySQL on PHP Fog
Create a free, highly-available MySQL cloud database for your PHP Fog application
Xeround’s cloud database provides unlimited scalability, built-in replicas and automatic failover for high availability — all in a plug-&-play, simple database-as-a-service.
Xeround’s add-on for PHP Fog provides simple one-click integration between PHP Fog’s applications and Xeround’s Database-as-a-Service.
Xeround’s add-on allows PHP Fog users to easily create their highly available, zero-management, DB instance with a single click from within the PHP Fog environment.
Initially, Xeround’s add-on offers Xeround’s FREE plan, with additional plans introduced soon. PHP Fog users interested in larger database sizes and automatic scaling, can create their cloud database instance via Xeround and connect it to their PHP Fog application.
There are two ways you can use Xeround Cloud Database with your PHP Fog MySQL application:
Creating your cloud database directly from PHP Fog
Xeround’s add-on for PHP Fog allows you to create your MySQL cloud database instance with a single click from within your PHP Fog environment.
How to use Xeround Cloud Database Add-on for PHP Fog?
- Install the Xeround Cloud Database Add-on on your PHP Fog environment
- This will automatically create your cloud database instance (in the same datacenter as your PHP Fog application)
- Click “Manage” to manage your add-on
- Grab the “Internal DNS Hostname” for your new DB instance and configure the database connection settings in your app
Creating your cloud database from Xeround
For larger database sizes and advanced features, PHP Fog users can create their cloud database directly from Xeround, choosing either Xeround BASIC or Xeround PRO plans, and then connect it to their PHP Fog application.
How to connect your PHP Fog MySQL app to your Xeround Cloud Database:
- Sign up to create your free cloud database or to start your 14-day free trial of any of Xeround’s paid editions.
- Log in to the online console and click “Create New” and fill in the form to create your new Cloud Database instance:
- Make sure to set your Data Center to Amazon-EC2-US-East.
- Note down the username and password you specify for your DB – you’ll need this later!
- Wait for the database instance to initialize
- Click on the External DNS hostname shown in the Details tab, and login to phpMyAdmin
- Click “Databases” in the bar at the top of the page and create a new database
- Using the Internal DNS hostname shown in the Details tab, configure the database connection settings in your PHP Fog app