Xeround Cloud Database Vs. Database.com
Many things are still unclear about database.com and how it is going to operate in different scenarios, but we already know that:
Key Differentiators Between Xeround and database.com:
- Xeround cloud database is MySQL compatible, whereas database.com does not support common SQL taxonomy.
- database.com requires code changes to your application in order to be able to connect and work with the database
- With Xeround there’s no vendor lock-in
- When using database.com, applications that are not hosted on force.com will experience latency issues.
- Xeround is agnostic to cloud service providers – Your database will run with low latency on any cloud service provider of your choice.
- The REST/SOAP APIs provided by database.com are better optimized to work on individual objects rather than complex DB operations.
Have additional questions?
Email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or additional questions.
You may also wish to see how we compare against Amazon’s MySQL offering.